Business After Hours is a premier networking experience.
Business After Hours is a private social gathering hosted by a member of the New Lenox Chamber of Commerce. Hosting Business After Hours showcases your business, providing you with the opportunity to talk about who you are and what you do. This is a great way to build relationships with your fellow chamber members in a relaxed setting.
As host, your company’s facilities, employees, and products will be highlighted. Not only is this the ultimate opportunity to network, but it is the perfect way to get word out regarding your business. A great deal of business is conducted at these events, making the potential for obtaining new clients and connections endless.
When Does Business After Hours Take Place?
The New Lenox Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours traditionally takes place on the third Tuesday or Thursday of each month from 5:00 – 7:00 PM. Other dates are available per request of the business and at the discretion of the chamber.
- Provide hors d’oeuvres & drinks (this can be as simple or fancy as you choose) – SEE BELOW
- Help with marketing by promoting the event on your social media and in your storefront
- Invite your clients, vendors, family and friends
- Get your employees involved
- Plan for approx. 25+ people in attendance
- Send the Chamber a hi-resolution logo four weeks in advance
- Share a few remarks with attendees at the event (public speaking)
- Be creative and have fun!!
- Optional add-ons:
- Provide door prizes (this could include donations from clients)
- Provide tours
- List event on Chamber website
- Provide featured spot on the Chamber website leading up to the event
- E-mail marketing to 550+ chamber members in our contact database
- Highlight your business in the weekly eblast in the weeks leading up to the event
- Provide social media promotions on Chamber’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts
- Provide Chamber representatives to greet your attendees
Catering and Drinks:
The host business agrees to finance, arrange and coordinate food, drink, and the option of entertainment. As the host business, if you choose to have the food or anything else catered, we strongly suggest utilizing a fellow Chamber member.
Regarding events where alcohol will be served, the Village of New Lenox requires any event that is hosted within Village limits to have a special event permit and a liquor license to serve alcohol. We strongly recommend partnering with a Chamber Member restaurant to provide and serve all alcohol at the event. The Village has graciously offered to waive the special event fee; however, as a host business, you will have to cooperate with the restaurant and apply to the Village Board for approval.
For more information or questions regarding the process for the Special Event permit, please contact Laura Zilinskas, Village Clerk, at [email protected] / (815) 462-6400.