Volunteer, Network, Meet New People
There are many opportunities to get involved in the New Lenox Chamber. Volunteering is a great way to network and meet new people. Listed here are some of the annual events and committees staffed by volunteer chamber members. Contact the Chamber for more information about these and other volunteer opportunities.
This energetic group of people maintain contact with other Chamber members, serve as mentors for new Chamber members, and promote the Chamber of Commerce and its purpose. Ambassadors attend Chamber functions and serve as the "meeters and greeters" at Chamber events such as the monthly Business After Hours, Think Tank breakfasts, Chamber luncheons, and business grand openings and ribbon cuttings. Many times, the Ambassadors are the first contact a new member will have upon joining the New Lenox Chamber of Commerce.
Let us know if you'd like to join the Ambassadors. They meet at 8:30 am on the 3rd Tuesday on a bi-monthly schedule - and they get involved!
Examples of Activities
- Serve as mentors to new members, ensuring they get the maximum value from their membership
- Attend Business After Hours
- Attend Ribbon Cutting and
- Groundbreaking Ceremonies
- Volunteer at Annual Chamber Events
- Must be an employee of a current member in good standing of the New Lenox Chamber of Commerce.
- Must receive permission from business owner/manager/governing board to represent employer as a Chamber Ambassador.
- A willingness to make time and necessary to give the proper attention to Chamber responsibilities.
- Attend monthly Ambassador meetings on the third Tuesday on a bi-monthly schedule at 8:30 a.m. Meetings typically last between 30-60 minutes.
- Always promote the Chamber in a positive manner.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Actively participate and assist at networking events, i.e. BAH, Ribbon Cuttings, Breakfasts and Luncheons.
- Assist with soliciting members, sponsors and/or serve as a sponsor.
- Attend at least three Annual Chamber Events: Annual Dinner, Community Expo, Chasing the Sun 5K, Annual Golf Outing, Halloween Fest, and/or Jingle & Mingle
- Promote and spread the word about Chamber events.
Annual Event Committees:
Each signature event has its own committee. Committee meet on an as needed basis in the time leading up to an event. Want to get involved in a specific event? Contact the Chamber Office.
- Annual Dinner (January)
- Lincoln-way Expo (March)
- Chasing the Sun 5K Run/Walk (June)
- Stars & Stripes Golf Outing (August)
- Halloween Fest (October)
- Jingle & Mingle Holiday Party (December)